Jerry Kephart, Principal of J Kephart Real Estate, has been involved with commercial real estate in North Carolina since 1990 working both in the public sector working in the Zoning and Subdivision Departments for the City of Greenville in Eastern North Carolina to working in the private sector in the Triangle since 1996 servicing Tenants, Landlords and Developers. His in-depth knowledge and experience includes leasing Medical, Office, Flex and Industrial space, property management, construction management and tenant relations. Over that time Jerry has completed over $120 million in transactions encompassing over 700,000 square feet of office, industrial and flex space.
Jerry grew up in Upstate New York, but came South to go to school and never moved back. He earned both a Bachelor of Science degree in Urban and Regional Planning as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from East Carolina University. He loves everything North Carolina has to offer and certainly feels like a native having lived here for more than 25 years.
Over that time Jerry has been very involved throughout the Commercial Real Estate industry as well as throughout the business community participating as a member as well as being involved on a number of Boards. Below are some of the organizations Jerry has been and continues to be a part of:
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR)
- Triangle Area Office Building Association (TRAOBA)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – past Board Member
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) – past Board Member
- Rotary Club of Wakefield – current New Generations Chair and incoming District Interact Chair
- Triangle Area Dental Services (TADS)
- Chambers of Commerce – Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest
Jerry has lived in North Raleigh with his wife and three children for over 16 years. In his spare time he enjoys golf, travel, Pirates sports and helping coach his kids in soccer.